Weddings with Food Trucks
Who doesn’t love a food truck? We have seen them for both sweet and savory late-night snacks over the years, but incorporating a food truck into wedding catering has become a popular trend.
- If you’re looking to have your favorite food truck provide the main reception meal, it is best to offer just a few different selections, not the entire menu. Consider meat, seafood, and a veggie option, with sides.
- Food trucks can feed large crowds, but it does take time for all of your guests to get through the line. Plan on at least one food truck for every 75 guests, so you don’t keep your loved ones waiting. Depending on the number of guests, this might mean more than one truck at your wedding.
- There are many styles to consider from colorful retro VW buses to industrial modern-looking trucks. What fits best with your wedding vibe?
- While food trucks conjure up images of the street and fair food, the popularity of this trend has some “white tablecloths” restaurants offering high-end cuisine with locally sourced and fresh ingredients for a formal event.
- There are two dining options: set up formal tables so guests can enjoy a sit-down meal. Or create a casual cocktail atmosphere with stand up tables for guests to mingle while they eat.
- Think about what elements of the wedding will be taking place during the meal. Will you have traditional toasts and speeches? If so, it is nice to have a seat for everyone. If getting away from this formality is your goal, then a combo of partial seating and standing tables will work!
- Usually, the food truck staff will stay on the truck, so you might need to bring in bussers for the tables. Are you thinking about using disposable or china and flatware? In either case, you need to consider where the set up will happen and who will be doing it as well as the breakdown.
- Determine the best location for the truck(s). There needs to be adequate clearance above, with no trees or overhangs. A flat area is preferable. And frequently they need power. Of course, you will want them reasonably close to where the guests are seated—all things to think about when planning for food truck service.
About the author: Milestone Events Group is Northern California’s most experienced Wine Country Wedding Experts & largest event management company providing site selection services to multiple locations throughout Sonoma County. Over the past 6 years Milestone has helped hundreds of couples simplify the venue selection process by providing clarity, predictability and ultimately confidence for clients who work with them to evaluate wineries, ranches, and other locations for their private events.
After the venue selection process is complete, Milestone is also available to help produce events in a stress reduced and highly professional manner. www.MilestoneEventsGroup.com