Selecting a Wedding Website to Use
For today’s couples, a wedding website is indeed a necessity. The most basic website will communicate with your guests for you by sharing essential details about your big day. With many customizable features, you can choose what options work for you.
Here is a list of what some of the websites are offering at a reasonably low price, or in some cases, for FREE!
- RSVPs – many sites offer the ability for your guests to RSVP online. It saves you time, money, and energy to not have to track them manually. You can also quickly check to see who hasn’t responded by your cut-off date and reach out if needed.
- Gift registries – let your guests know where you are registered or if you would prefer to have them contribute an experience of your choice or even donations to a charity that is close to your heart.
- Directions – tell your guests where to go using online maps and links.
- Accommodations – if you have room blocks reserved, this is the place to let your out-of-town guests know where to stay. Add in links to any reservations or special deals you may have already arranged.
- Dress Code – are you having a black-tie affair or a more relaxed vibe? Let your guests know.
- Guest Book – some websites allow you to create a section for your guests to leave their best wishes, photos, and videos.
- Your Couple Story – you can share photos, stories, or a timeline of how you met.
- Introduce Your Bridal Party – there is a good chance that the reason you chose your fabulous bridal party in the first place is because they’re amazing people – so clue your other guests in on it too! You can include photos, bios, or how long you’ve been friends. Remember that some of your guests may not have met all of your bridesmaids or groomsmen – it can be a fun way to break the ice before the wedding day.
Top 5 wedding websites builders that we have found in our experience:
About the author: Milestone Events Group is Northern California’s most experienced Wine Country Wedding Experts & largest event management company providing site selection services to multiple locations throughout Sonoma County. Over the past 7 years Milestone has helped hundreds of couples simplify the venue selection process by providing clarity, predictability and ultimately confidence for clients who work with them to evaluate wineries, ranches, and other locations for their private events.