Top 6 Things You Need to Make Your Wedding Successful
Congratulations on your previous engagement! You are probably asking yourself, ‘Where do I begin to start planning my dream wedding?’ Look no further. We have created a list of 6 things you need to make your wedding successful.
1. Vision: Having an overall view of what your wedding day will look like from tabletop decorations, the season you want to get married, to where you want to get married. All of these details will help in narrowing down your venue and vendor search.
2. Wedding budget: After you have an idea of your vision, the next thing you should consider before diving into the nitty-gritty of wedding planning is your overall budget. Having a range in mind will help when you start comparing venues, caterers, and all other vendors. You should have a general agreement with your partner for what is most important to you so you can determine how you wish to allocate your budget. If you splurge on your dress, you may have to compromise somewhere else in the budget, so keep what is most important in mind to you and your partner. A critical element that impacts your overall budget is your guest list. Determine early on what your stance is for children attending and for plus ones to avoid confusion later on. Keep in mind; your budget should be realistic for your guest count. Larger guest count = more mouths to feed= generally higher budget.
3. Your Vendor Team: Hiring great vendors is essential in ensuring a successful and enjoyable planning process and wedding day. Remember earlier when you were envisioning your wedding? Do you picture casual dining or formal? Do you want to dance indoors or outdoors? What kind of flowers do you want in your bouquet? All these questions will help determine the vendors you eventually hire. The primary vendors you will need to hire are a planner, caterer, rental company, DJ, and photographer. They will be able to offer you tips and tricks in their area of expertise to make sure that you and your guests have the time of your life.
4. Detailed timeline and schedule: Your planner will be responsible for making an event details timeline that shows the flow of the event and proposed timing. This schedule will be the reference guide for all vendors to know important details such as what time ceremony begins, what appetizers will be served during cocktail hour, and who is giving a toast during dinner. Ensuring that all vendors are on the same page will help create a stress-free environment during your event.
5. Support of family and friends: Often, loved ones are more than willing to help you plan your wedding. Whether it is helping to address and stamp wedding invitations to mail out, creating DIY décor, or simply being a shoulder to lean on, having a support system is beneficial in many ways. It is helpful to have positive and loving energy around you while planning, and very special to have them there on the day of your wedding.
6. Relax and enjoy it! Last but certainly not least, be sure to relax and enjoy your big day! It is not every day you get to marry your best friend, after all!
About the author: Milestone Events Group is Northern California’s most experienced Wine Country Wedding Experts & largest event management company providing site selection services to multiple locations throughout Sonoma County. Over the past 6 years Milestone has helped hundreds of couples simplify the venue selection process by providing clarity, predictability and ultimately confidence for clients who work with them to evaluate wineries, ranches, and other locations for their private events.
After the venue selection process is complete, Milestone is also available to help produce events in a stress reduced and highly professional manner. www.MilestoneEventsGroup.com