How To Plan A Destination Wedding: The Ultimate Step-By-Step Check-list
Wine Country is one of the most sought-after destination wedding locations. The rolling vineyards, unforgettable sunsets, and delicious food and wine pairings are like no other. If you’re looking into having your big day in Wine Country but are feeling anxious about planning a wedding from afar, don’t fret! We’ve got you covered. We have created a step-by-step checklist to help you successfully plan a destination wedding in Wine Country!
- Determine Your Guest Count: Knowing your estimated guest count early on is vital. This number will impact your overall budget, venues to choose from that can accommodate your guest count, and the overall vision of your wedding.
- Decide What Time of Year: Wine Country is beautiful year-round, but there are different highlights to each season, color palettes, local activities, and cuisine that can alter your decision on which season will be the best fit for you.
- Settle on a Budget: Knowing the budget sooner than later will save you a lot of stress in the long run. Understand how much you can spend on each part of the wedding, so you set yourself up for success and not a disappointment.
- Find Your Style: It can be hard to envision your wedding day when it is months away. Pulling inspiration from past events can help you picture your perfect day.
- Hire A Wedding Planner: Save yourself a lot of time, money, and stress by finding the perfect wedding planner early on. They can help guide you in choosing the vendors and details that fit your budget and style best.
- Visit Wedding Venues: Shop wedding venues, either remotely or in person. Ensure you’re equipped with your questions and check on items such as capacity, site assets, rain plans, costs, and nearby accommodations.
- Book Your Vendors: Consult your wedding planner to find the best wedding day team for you. They’ll help you find the pros that fit your budget and style perfectly.
- Book the Pre-Wedding Items: Book and celebrate bridal showers, bachelor parties, dress fittings, and food pairings. Make sure everything is on the calendar months ahead of time, and space everything out through the engagement, so you don’t miss a thing!
- The Final Touches: Work with your planner to collect RSVPs, create your seating chart, settle final payments to vendors, and obtain a marriage license before the big day.
- Get Married! Time to relax and enjoy! The big day is here, and you have hired the best team to handle it. Sit back and celebrate your big day to the fullest.
About the author: Milestone Events Group is Northern California’s most experienced Wine Country Wedding Experts & largest event management company providing site selection services to multiple locations throughout Sonoma County. Over the past six years, Milestone has helped hundreds of couples simplify the venue selection process by providing clarity, predictability, and ultimately confidence for clients who work with them to evaluate wineries, ranches, and other locations for their private events.
After the venue selection process is complete, Milestone is also available to help produce events in stress reduced and a highly professional manner. www.MilestoneEventsGroup.com